The "directory" is actually (on this website) a LinkList. Whenever I find a new blogger to add, I go into the list, edit and add new URL.
What I want for the new site is to have individual bloggers list their blogs by completing a form. Each blogger would have their own listing (in an individual post). And I'd like to feature more information than simply the link, with a thumbnail of their latest post.
The type of information I'm thinking about including -
- Name of Blog
- URL of Blog
- Blog logo (if relevant)
- Category: Education, Personal, Literature, Art, Professional, Sport, Fashion, Health, Technology, Politics, Adult, Craft, Entertainment, Organisation, Business ... (more)
- Summary of blog (146 characters perhaps)
- Social Media links - G+, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc
- Blogging platform: Blogger, WordPress, TypePad, Tumblr, Posterous, other
- Contact name
I know that I may end up losing a few blogs from the list - getting everyone to complete their information will be time-consuming. We will also lose a few of the bloggers who frequent the "bottom" of the list (ie. those folks who start a blog but don't really keep it up-to-date). However I think it will be okay. I think that it will make the directory more relevant and accurate. I'm hoping that we will gain a few more listings that we haven't seen before too.
Remember: the goal of the Directory is about increasing your audience, capturing a new audience, and supporting each other and inspiring other folks to get into the online media sphere.
With that in mind:
1) Can you think of any other information that should be included? I want to try to catch as much information as possible at the outset, rather than try to go back and add it in.
2) What category or categories does your blog fit into? What is missing from my list?